While entrepreneurs have grand visions and bold plans for success, preserving the hard-won value in your business often depends on your, or your corporate lawyer’s, ability to move things forward “three yards at a time in a cloud of dust.” Getting started the right way not only saves you headaches, it saves you money and increases the value of your company. Fixing mistakes are costly and if you ever want to raise money, investors will use these types of mistakes to negotiate down value. The right business structure will make it easier for you to attract quality talent, partners and must be done before you can get funded.
In This Clinic You Will Learn
- How to decipher language negotiated in real-life contracts
- How to deal with sections of agreements you never understood or never liked
- Which business entity creation is the right fit for you
What You Should Bring
- It’s best if you could, send in advance, a redacted version of a section of agreements you never understood or never liked, or loved and hit a home run with to email@example.com. Or come and hear what others are stuggling with and killing it with.
- Your questions regarding business formation and contract drafting
A Bit About Bill Richter
Bill specializes in corporate law, bridge and venture financings, mergers and acquisitions, governance, contracts, informal mediation, team-building, “on-shoring”.
He leverages his experience and expertise to give clients the tools they need to close transactions and design legal relationships that are durable, smart and fair.
Since forming Richter Law Offices (RLO) in 2002 as a solo corporate law practice in Santa Cruz, his mission has been simple: “Be a good partner. Be tireless in pursuit of the best possible outcome whatever the contract, transaction, negotiation or circumstance. Accelerate the value-creation curve. Enhance and protect value. Help each client help us make life better.”
Prior to forming RLO in 2002, Bill practiced corporate law for five years at each of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, P.C. (Senior Associate to John Goodrich) and Shearman & Sterling LLP (NYC and Budapest). He hold a B.A. from Yale College, a Masters from Harvard (Russian) and earned his J.D. from New York University School of Law.
Doors Open: 6:00PM
Pizza & Beverages
Coaching Clinic: 7:15PM
April 30th 6:00pm @ Cruzio