TechRaising

• Scott McNealy will Speak at TechRaising

We are pleased to announce that Scott McNealy will be the featured speaker at TechRaising Santa Cruz on Saturday May 21 at 10AM.

Scott McNealy, is an industry icon and co-founder of Sun Microsystems. McNealy co-founded Sun Microsystems in 1982. He served as chief executive officer and chairman at Sun for 22 years, steering the company to constant innovation in open, network computing. He helped transform the company from a start-up to a leading provider of network computing infrastructure with more than 30,000 employees worldwide, all while positioning the company as the model of corporate integrity. McNealy is known for his longstanding commitment to education and advocacy for open and competitive business practices. McNealy is the visionary behind Curriki.org, a social network for educators who wish to develop, collaborate and share world-class tutorial resources. He serves on the Curriki Board of Directors and leads the charge in the use of social media for making great curricula universally available. Scott serves as an advisor to several Silicon Valley startups, including IngBoo, a social media company helping online retailers extend their floor space to Facebook and Twitter.

Scott McNealy doesn’t speak at many events and this will certainly be a treat. Hope you can join us.

TechRaising May 20 6pm to May 22 6PM

Order McNealy Tickets

Facebook Twitter Email Linkedin

Tags: , , ,

Discussion 6 Responses

1. May 9, 2011 at 11:50 pm

How long do you expect the talk to last? I’ve got an afternoon event, but would really love to attend just the talk…

• May 9, 2011 at 11:56 pm

Scott will talk for about 30 minutes….come on down!

2. May 9, 2011 at 11:57 pm

Where do I sign up for the talk?

• May 9, 2011 at 11:59 pm

go to the events page and you can by a ticket for the talk only.

3. May 13, 2011 at 1:14 am

I recently filed a Provisional Patent with the USPTO on an apparatus that produces energy from gravity induction produced by a spinning disk. A summary of my Patent Pending US 61/465,823 is shown here:

If you have any interest in discussing my invention please give me a call or e-mail me and I will provide a complete copy of the Patent Application for review and further discussions.

Respectfully,

Michael E. Boyd President
    CAlifornians for Renewable Energy, Inc.
    (CARE)
    5439 Soquel Drive
    Soquel, CA 95073
    Phone: (408) 891-9677
    E-mail: michaelboyd@sbcglobal.net

4. March 30, 2012 at 12:13 am

Thank you for coming over to Santa Cruz and speaking last year!! I was not present, yet I am sure the audience was appreciative! Thank you to your ed. partner as well.